Content is defined as any published material, including, without limitation, text, video, photographs, graphics and sound material, published by Truth Tracker, whether copyrighted or owned by the Owner or a third party. Users are defined as any individual or entity that views or otherwise uses content published by Truth Tracker.
Access to Content
Access to content published by Truth Tracker is currently provided to Users without cost. The Owner reserves the right at any time to amend the manner in which content is provided or delivered at any time with or without notice. Amendments may include, but are not limited to, requiring Users to register or purchase a subscription in order to view and/or use content.
Minors Must Have Consent
The content on Truth Tracker is intended for readers 14 years of age and older. Minors under the age of 18 must have the consent of parents or a legal guardian to use this site. By accessing this website, You hereby represent that You are at least 14 years of age. If You have under the age of 18 years of age, You represent that have received the permission of your parent or legal guardian to view this website.
Use of Content
Use of content published by Truth Tracker is subject to the following requirements:
Copyrights and Trademarks
All content published by Truth Tracker is owned by or licensed to the Owner and protected by Pakistani and international copyright and trademark laws. With the exception of the uses as explained in the “Fair Use” section below, content shall not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed without the prior written consent of the Owner.
Truth Tracker may publish content submitted by the Users. Examples of this content include, but are not limited to, comments posted by Users, opinion pieces and blog posts. Users who submit content to Truth Tracker retain ownership of the copyright of that content and may use that content however they desire.
By submitting content to Truth Tracker, however, the User shall be giving the Owner the perpetual right to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit the content without any requirement to pay for or provide attribution for the content.
By submitting content to Truth Tracker Users affirm that:
- The content shall not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party.
- The content shall not be in the form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
- The content shall not be threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful.
- The User shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any connection with any person or entity.
- The Owner shall not be responsible for content placed on its site by Users.
Truth Tracker allows Users to use content in the following ways:
- Users may download and print extracts from the material and make copies of these for their own personal and non-commercial use only.
- Users may publish online, share with others, or forward to others the original headline and first 200 characters of an article with a hyperlink to the original article.
- Users may publish online or forward to others quotations or excerpts of 30 words or less, credited to News Lens Pakistan, and including a hyperlink back to the site.
The Owner prohibits Users from using content in the following ways:
- Users shall not download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database.
- Users shall not use content in any other manner that is not consistent with the ways in which this policy explicitly allows for use of content.
Complaints about Content
Users who object to any content or have a claim of infringement should contact Truth Tracker via this form: Contact Us. The responsibility for all content and its oversight resides with the Executive Editor of News Lens Pakistan.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Availability and Use of Content
Content published on http://truthtracker.pk/ is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While Truth Tracker makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and availability of content, it makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. The Owner will not be responsible for any damages suffered from the use of this content. Users expressly agree that their use of the website and content is at their own risk and that the Owner will not be liable for any effects from this use. Furthermore, Users agree to indemnify and defend the Owner against any legal action that arises from their own use of this content.
Truth Tracker communicates with Users by e-mail or by posting notices on http://truthtracker.pk/. Users agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications provided electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Third Party Material
Content provided by Truth Tracker and may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that the content provided for publication on Truth Tracker complies with international, local and municipal laws of the land. The Owner shall not assume any responsibility for any error or inaccuracy in advertising or sponsorship material. You hereby agree that any issues regarding advertising or information provided by a third-party shall be addressed by You directly with that advertiser or third party.
Content provided by Truth Tracker may also contain links to other Internet websites or products and services provided by independent third party. By visiting these sites or using products or services provided by the third party, the User shall undertake sole responsibility for any resulting claim, including, without limitation, viruses, cookies or any other resulting issues and the User releases the Owner of any associated liability.
This policy was originally published on June 3, 2015 and is current as of July 6, 2017. In the event that the Owner modifies any section of this policy, only registered Users will be notified of the changes.
The Truth Tracker website may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites. By visiting these sites or using products or services provided by the third party, the User shall undertake sole responsibility for any resulting claim, including, without limitation, viruses, cookies or any other resulting issues and the User releases the Owner of any associated liability.
What Information do we collect?
Truth Tracker collects both data provided directly by Users as well as data on Users available via internet technologies. Minors under the age of 18 must have the consent of parents or a legal guardian to use this site. By accessing this website, You hereby represent that You are at least 14 years of age. If You have under the age of 18 years of age, You represent that have received the permission of your parent or legal guardian to view this website. Truth Tracker will not intentionally collect data from minors.
- Data Provided by Users – Users are required to provide personally identifying information when they submit a comment on the website. In order to submit a comment, Users must provide their name and e-mail address. Users may also be required to provide personal information to sign up for an account, participate in online events, or take advantage of additional website functionality offered by Truth Tracker.
- Data Available via Internet Technologies – Truth Tracker uses a number of internet technologies to help identify the characteristics of its readership. Currently, we collect the IP address of Users in order to identify their geographic distribution as well as to determine the number of unique Users that have accessed content on the website. We also collect information on which external websites have referred Users to the website, which search engine and search terms lead Users to the website and which links are clicked on by Truth Tracker website Users.
How do we use this information?
- Data Provided by Users- Truth Tracker only requires Users to provide identifying information when providing comments on the website and we currently only use this information to filter out comments that are spam or violate our Editorial Guidelines which are available on this website. Truth Tracker reserves the right, however, to contact and/or block Users via the e-mail address that they provide when posting a comment.
- Data Available via Internet Technologies – Data that is collected on Users via internet technologies is used primarily to improve internal understanding of the geographic distribution and reading preferences of its Users as well as how to best improve the search engine ranking of its stories. As Truth Tracker continues to add website functionality, however, we reserve the right to use such data in additional ways such as presenting our Users with relevant advertising. We do not sell or otherwise utilize data or information.
This policy was originally published on June 3, 2015 and updated July 6, 2017. In the event that the Owner modifies any section of this policy, only registered Users will be notified of the changes.